The yunity heartbeat - what has each team done, what are they doing and what do they need help with.
You want to check it out yourself? Then just go
, create an account and click around!
Anything you notice, that confuses or disappoints you? Tell us in #foodsaving-tool-plan on Slack or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org ! The mails will be received and read for sure, but we won't send out answers, since you can always come to our Slack if you want to have a chat...
You want to know all the nerdy details or are even ready to contribute to the further development of the tool yourself? Amazing! Then visit the project on github , join the team and talk to us in #foodsaving-tool and #foodsaving-tool-plan on Slack. Be sure that we'll welcome you with open arms! Especially now with more people actually giving feedback, there will be a lot to do, so we could really use some more motivated developers!
WuppHouse Bad Dürrenberg.
- We made a video showing the progress until 16-11-30. Selina Camile and Lara Earthling charmingly show you the building and explain what already happened. It's in German but also full of visual impressions...
- We arranged a bath night, fully equipped with a heatable bathtub, drinks and food, see picture below!
So you see we still move forward and know how to have a nice time in the ruins of the old train station in Bad Dürrenberg, but it's not all sunshine and roses...
Lara Earthling , Anna and Bodhi Neiser filmed three update videos about the big topics Bürgerdialog, inspection of the site together with a knowledgeable architect and the then following meeting of the present yuniteers to evaluate how to deal with the new information.
- First update - Bürgerdialog/talk with the citizens on December 3rd
- Second update - inspection of the site and feedback of an architect
- Third update - implications for the yuniteers living in Bad Dürrenberg now
As you can see, there are positive as well as negative aspects and the most dire information probably was that there would not be the realistic possibility to actually live inside the building somewhat healthily and comfortably anytime soon.
That led to many people leaving - at least temporarily - and to some starting to look for different houses again. (Funnily some days later already a mail reached us stating that there will be a cool project making use of a whole Plattenbau north of Leipzig soon, and that they need people to populate the building. But this is just a side note for now... )
So there are still yunity people living and wupping in Bad Dürrenberg and they plan on staying! We still have the huge support of local people and media. The building still offers great potential! So if you want to lend a hand, you can definitely still do so! (Maybe ask in #wupphouse_badue on Slack about the current situation before you come visit, just to make sure you'll directly find someone when you arrive.) But to assess for yourself how serious we still are about this opportunity, just read this:
- People are still planning to come by the WuppHouse - be it over Christmas and New Year's Eve or sometime before, after or in between. Wanna come, too? Check and fill out the attendance poll !
- Matthias Larisch had legal consultation about what kind of entity would be useful to create for the WuppHouse project.
- Philip Engelbutzeder brought together all kinds of thoughts regarding the use of money - a topic that was raised quite often already in yunity - and wrote a page on the wiki about it. Since it is mainly focused on the WuppHouse in Bad Dürrenberg for now and should be seen as a work-in-progress anyways, his text is written in German.
- The survey targeting to find out the needs of the citizens of Bad Dürrenberg was launched by Paul Free and Philip Engelbutzeder .
- Douglas Webb spread the word even in Scotland and raised the possibility that "perhaps we'll get a fleet of charitable architects".
- The pretty detailed list of networking activities gets updated constantly.
- Tilmann and Janina Abels are networking and spreading the word in Lyon ( ANT - dumpster diver's group, alimentation solidaire - a group that saves food directly from producers in the countryside west of Lyon)
- Arno Döpper is in Barcelona connecting to a local sharing movement (working with Whatsapp groups) and further contact to the local foodsharing community.
We got new info about
. This time not only on
the private-to-private sharing on vk.com
, but a
foodsharing initiative, complete with cooperations, quiz and all!
- Many of us are traveling still or again, be it Tilmann on his never-ending bike tour, partly accompanied by Janina Abels ; Tais Real and Nick Sellen hitchhiking through the UK or actually every single one of us who change their location now and then and almost always talk to people on the road about yunity and foodsaving. We spread the word and recruit people constantly!
- More outreach! More input! Moooore foodsavers are needed worldwide! xD
- Translation of Raphael's TEDx Talk in Italian by Sara Brunacci
- Translation of the foodsaving tool to German, French and Polish (needs constant updating, because of ongoing development)
You want to help us out with your translation skills? Well we can
find something to do for you, no worries!
We just don't push anything here at the moment because priorities lie in different areas for now. But if you want to translate, just tell us in #translation on Slack!
The sister of
has provided a nice logo for the foodsaving tool, which is more bright and playful as the first one:
The main project page
finally gets redesigned and the content updated! We've been wanting to do this for months now...
- The new page for the train station in Bad Dürrenberg - wupphaus.yunity.org - is growing steadily.
- getting it on wordpress (some efforts have been already made by
- Layout for wupphaus.yunity.org (enthusiastic word-press-designer needed)
- Established good contact to locals, press and authorities in Bad Dürrenberg
- Bringing wupphaus.yunity.org online
- Robert Lipp was at a NGO media training and came back with a lot of useful input !
- Inspired by Robert's experience Fenja Jacobs remembered that she had already summarized two books on how to use newsletter most efficiently a while ago and shared her work with us as well!
- Reworking the contributor's page on yunity.org . You think you belong on such a page? Then fill out the survey and you'll be included in about a month!
- Creating content for wupphaus.yunity.org
- General updating and creating content for yunity.org , like already mentioned in Design.
- Spreading the word about the WuppHouse
- Organizing WuppDays XXL in Berlin (End of April, 3 weeks, location for 300 people is ready)
- Co-organizing a summergathering together with Friederike Habermann & living utopia at the Fusion Festival area
About the heartbeat.
The heartbeat is a biweekly summary of what happens in yunity. It is meant to give an overview over our currents actions and topics.
When and how does it happen?
Every other weekend we collect information on a wiki page and publish it the following Monday as a wiki blog article.
Afterwards we add a nice abstract and share it on facebook .