The yunity heartbeat - what has each team done, what are they doing and what do they need help with.
WuppHouse Bad Dürrenberg.
So much is happening in Badue, as always! See this bullet-point list for details:
Building and repairing:
- getting rid of even more rubble and dirt.
- breaking down the rotten material in between the beams.
- improving insulation by closing holes in the floors.
- reorganizing the rooms.
- fixing some windows.
Community and networking:
- holding a reflection circle together with locals
- having conversations with locals coming by
- teaching English
- holding contact with local newspapers (next article in the coming days)
- setting up a new tool for organizing and contacting people
- contacting rocket.chat, and now waiting to get an instance for Badue
Recently a lot of yuniteers started to find a passion for video making and editing and began documenting the exciting WuppHaus project and the lifestyles behind it. After the launch of Selina Camile and Lara Earthling 's channel Gedankengänge und Gefühlswelten , and Philip Engelbutzeder 's videos about active locals and teatime in the WuppHaus , now Paul Free also started experimenting with film and created a montage of existing as well as new material, music, interviews and pictures. You will see that it is the outcome of a learning process, but if you are interested in the project and the people, you will enjoy it anyways...
- Release 1 , including a list of features
- First draft of the roadmap , a rough plan of coming features
- New logo!
- Formatting using Markdown for descriptions of group, store and user page ( implementation #1 , #2 , #3 )
- Link to your user profile page in topbar , with a side navigation bar for mobile users
- Pickups are now deletable , which requires confirmation of the user
- Statistics about user signups ( implementation ), can be accessed via Grafana for members of the yunity GitHub organization
Pursuing Release 2:
- Password protection for groups ( backend task , overview task )
- E-Mail verification and password recovery ( backend task , overview task )
- Some users don't see their preferred language, even though it's translated. Who can figure out why ?
- Improving the navigation adding "breadcrumbs", setting the window title depending on the page content and adding explicit URLs to link to page content. This is a quite big task ( #1 , #2 ) and needs some refinement before it can go online.
Raphael Wintrich is in the final round of the
which means that he will hopefully continue putting some effort in the
development over the next 6 months.
The following topics are currently our focus:
- Exchanging the current module routing with HTTPKernel/HTTPRouter from Symfony Components - or better directly use Silex ? We don't have any experienced experts in those fields and welcome any help on architectural- and tooling decisions.
- Integrating a basic data mapper ORM. Doctrine is the current suggestion, but as well we might consider alternatives if there are reasons. Main reason for chosing an ORM is reducing code footprint, gaining query performance, fundamentally easier test data generation as well as free migrations.
The reason why I put all of this under "help needed" is because I feel that since I, Matthias Larisch , am focusing on the WuppHaus now and thus currently not contributing code myself, nothing happens on these goals and I would really appreciate more contributions on that level, e.g. more than introducing new, untested, simple features
- planning of another hackathon, this time in Barcelona and/or Valencia, for the time around end of January to mid-February 2017
- planning of WuppDays XXL in Berlin in late April 2017. Philip Engelbutzeder is already in contact with someone offering a great location for lots of people to come by over the course of three weeks. Stay tuned for more specifics or join us in the planning in #wuppdays_xxl_berlin on Slack!.
as a better, separated communication channel for our WuppHaus network.
Trying onlyoffice CRM to better manage communication and contact handling - actively used for WuppHaus-related communication.
- Researching and documenting open source software alternatives for collective work. Paul Free
Lots of new subtitles have been added to our videos on Youtube:
Who added all these subs? We know that
made the Italian ones, but the others are still mysterious...
Thank you, anonymous Youtube user, for gifting subtitles to us!
If you were to give us subs in any language for all the new videos about the WuppHaus , we'd be forever grateful!
A beautiful new poem in German by
was added to
- Launch of the yunity book club by Cille and Douglas Webb .
- Lamâsching keeps being a somewhat controversial topic. Recent discussions in #culture on Slack show, that the existing documentation needs to be reviewed, updated and adapted to describe, rather than prescribe, how lamâsching culture works and to make the humorous origin of the whole topic more clear.
You have an opinion on lamâsching? You wrote a poem or recorded a song? Please share! We'd happily collect your thoughts on everything yunity related on the wiki!
Creation of an internal survey to assess how people feel about their contributions and what is needed to facilitate further contributions to the project.
The challenge will be to get people to fill out the survey
Creation of a Wikipedia article about yunity.
Has anyone experience with creating Wikipedia articles? Get in touch with
About the heartbeat.
The heartbeat is a biweekly summary of what happens in yunity. It is meant to give an overview over our currents actions and topics.
When and how does it happen?
Every other weekend we collect information on a wiki page and publish it the following Monday as a wiki blog article.
Afterwards we add a nice abstract and share it on facebook .